The Garden is open to the public and entry pass will be issued from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm on all days including Saturdays and Sundays and on other public holidays.
- The time of visit to the garden during all the days is from 10 am to 6 pm
- Tickets will be issued only up to 5.00 pm
- Cameras will be charged extra.
- Group of 30 students and 2 teachers (school and colleges) will be given concessional rate of Rs. 1000/- per group; on production of authorized letter.
- Group of 20 people will be given concessional rate of Rs. 800/- per group.
- Guide fee will be charged @ Rs. 100/– per batch (for those who are in need)
- A caution deposit of ₹10,000/- is to be remitted for Serial/Movie shooting
- Small events (Birth day/cake cutting etc.) @₹2,000/- including entry charges up to 10 persons and for more than 10 persons up to 25 persons @ ₹5,000/- for 3 hours with ₹1000/- as caution deposit, in addition in each case. For every additional hour ₹1,000/- will be charged.
- The duration of time to be spent inside the garden is restricted to 3 hrs; the study tour groups is exempted from this.
|1||Entry Fee||Rs 50.00/|
|2||Camera charges||Rs 100.00/|
|3||Photography/ Videoshoot (3 hrs)||Rs 800.00/|
|4||Documentary/ Album shooting per day||Rs 3,000.00/|
|5||Serial/ Movie shooting per day||Rs 25,000.00/|
E- Buggy usage: Rules & Ticket rates
- Buggy ride (one side ride up to the top of the hill) will be charged @₹400/- per ride
(Maximum passengers: 8 for a trip). Minimum for a ride ₹300/- is to be paid.
- Visitors will be dropped at the hilltop or as desired by the group.
- Maximum number of passengers shall be eight.
- Children below age 5 shall be exempted.
- Those who wish to come back can use the buggy free of cost if the vehicle is available on the way.
Garden Etiquette & Rules
The Malabar Botanical Garden and Institute for Plant Sciences is a museum for living plants. We host collections of plants from the rest of the world. While visiting the garden, please respect our rules and regulations.
- Please help us protect and maintain the Garden by observing the following:
- The Garden is a tobacco-free environment. Smoking and tobacco products are not allowed on Garden property, including all buildings, grounds, restrooms and parking lots.
- For their safety, please supervise children at all times.
- No climbing, running, sports or games.
- Disposable plastics are strictly not allowed inside the campus.
- Please leave flowers and plants for everyone to enjoy. Do not collect or remove seeds, flowers, fruits, and vegetables, plant labels, etc.
- Stay on pathways and mowed lawn areas. Do not walk in mulched or planted garden beds.
- Do not feed or handle the wildlife. It can be harmful to them and you.
- For safety, please keep your personal items with you at all times. The Garden cannot be held responsible for missing items. If you recover an item in the Garden that does not belong to you, please turn it in to the security point.
- Be aware that many of the plants grown in the garden may be poisonous to eat or that may cause a skin irritation if touched.
- The Garden provides many benches throughout the grounds for resting. Please refrain from lying down on benches, so that other visitors may have a seat.
- Proper dressings are mandatory at all times.
- Consumption of any kind of food is restricted inside the campus except in the Garden Café
- Outside food is restricted in the Garden Café
- Consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- We care about the environment. Please dispose of waste in recycle bins when appropriate. Do not litter.
- Washrooms located at two different parts of the Garden: one near the Garden Café and one near the Medicinal Plant Conservatory. Ask the security point for information and directions.
Visitors who choose not to comply with these guidelines may be asked to leave the Garden.