The Garden is open to the public and entry pass will be issued from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm on all days including Saturdays and Sundays and on other public holidays.
- The time of visit to the garden during all the days is changed to 10 am to 6 pm
- Tickets will be issued only up to 5.00 pm
- Cameras will be charged extra.
- Group of 30 students and 2 teachers (school and colleges) will be given concessional rate of Rs. 600/- per group; on production of authorized letter.
- Group of 20 people will be given concessional rate of Rs. 500/- per group.
- Guide fee will be charged @ Rs. 100/– per batch (for those who are in need)
|1||Entry Fee||Rs 30.00/|
|4||Documentary shooting per day||Rs 1,000.00/|
|5||Serial/Album shooting per day||Rs 3,000.00/|
|6||Movie shooting per day||Rs 10,000.00/|
Garden Etiquette & Rules
The Malabar Botanical Garden and Institute for Plant Sciences is a museum for living plants. We host collections of plants from the rest of the world. While visiting the garden, please respect our rules and regulations.
- Please help us protect and maintain the Garden by observing the following:
- The Garden is a tobacco-free environment. Smoking and tobacco products are not allowed on Garden property, including all buildings, grounds, restrooms and parking lots.
- For their safety, please supervise children at all times.
- No climbing, running, sports or games.
- Disposable plastics are strictly not allowed inside the campus.
- Please leave flowers and plants for everyone to enjoy. Do not collect or remove seeds, flowers, fruits, and vegetables, plant labels, etc.
- Stay on pathways and mowed lawn areas. Do not walk in mulched or planted garden beds.
- Do not feed or handle the wildlife. It can be harmful to them and you.
- For safety, please keep your personal items with you at all times. The Garden cannot be held responsible for missing items. If you recover an item in the Garden that does not belong to you, please turn it in to the security point.
- Be aware that many of the plants grown in the garden may be poisonous to eat or that may cause a skin irritation if touched.
- The Garden provides many benches throughout the grounds for resting. Please refrain from lying down on benches, so that other visitors may have a seat.
- Proper dressings are mandatory at all times.
- Consumption of any kind of food is restricted inside the campus except in the Garden Café
- Outside food is restricted in the Garden Café
- Consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- We care about the environment. Please dispose of waste in recycle bins when appropriate. Do not litter.
- Washrooms located at two different parts of the Garden: one near the Garden Café and one near the Medicinal Plant Conservatory. Ask the security point for information and directions.
Visitors who choose not to comply with these guidelines may be asked to leave the Garden.